Thursday, May 14, 2020

Graduation

It's graduation season! This time of year makes me think back to my husband finishing up nursing school. It was a stressful 2 years and we were both so excited for him to be done!!

While it was a couple of years ago, I thought it would be fun to share what I created for him to commemorate his special day, and celebrate his huge accomplishment!

Of course, I had to make him a card, so I decided to make him INTO a card...
There he is with his white scrubs, stethoscopes, and his favorite color blue. 

My mom and I had planned a surprise party so I wanted to do something special for that. I decided to create a chalkboard about the nursing program and some of what he had experienced.
I would ask him random questions (like how many preceptor hours he had to do) and then secretly writing down the answers so I would have accurate information to work with.

It took some time to make, especially while trying to keep it a secret! It was so fun to display at his party. Everyone loved it!
We also decorated with vintage medicine bottles and containers of various candies marked as hallucinogens, mood stabilizers, and stimulants. How silly!

Sadly, this year graduates won't experience commencement ceremonies and parties but that should not take away from their accomplishments! Be proud of yourself for what you have achieved! And if there's a special grad in your life, please give them your love and support. They deserve it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment