Monday, April 30, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - april

this month flew by for me and with just a half an hour left to spare i completed and submitted my april project for the tim holtz 12 tags of 2012.

for the backgroud of my tag i was excited to use my new pocketwatches embossing folder by sizzix / tim holtz alterations. i then inked it with a few different colors of distress ink and then spritzed with a dark brown {homemade} glimmer mist.

next i got to work on my bird. i drew him onto some chipboard, inked him up, and then embossed him with a bright blue and dark blue mix of powders. after that i cut a little crown from my paperdoll dress up cart, embossed it with metallic silver, and added a couple of black hot fix jewels to the front. i used real sticks and moss for the birdie perch. i really like to incorporate these items into my papercrafting and other projects.
i added a mother of pearl button with hemp and a sentiment to the bottom, plus a couple of staples, and tied some hemp on the top to finish it all off.

{please excuse the visible glue behind the sticks and moss...my tag was not completely dry when i was taking pictures!}

No comments:

Post a Comment