Thursday, May 31, 2012

12 tags of 2012 ~ may

tada! my may submission for the tim holtz 12 tags of 2012. i was really excited when i first saw that our inspiration had a sewing theme. i immediately decided that whatever i created would be for my mom because she loves sewing and quilting.

sorry for any visible spots of glue!

i had to determine how i would create a tag like tim's without having hardly any of the supplies he used. instead of pattern paper i used regular tissue paper to cover my tag. and because i do not have a dress form stamp or die i drew my own! i added some pins and buttons just to make it a little more sew-like. i was also happy to find a little sewing machine in my dcwv crafty stack and i had just recently bought the cute little frame charms so that worked out great. i am really happy with the results and it was nice to spend a little time with my sewing machine. hope you like it, mom!

2 comments:

  1. You draw great, I thought it was a stamp before I read otherwise! Love your flowers and the use of the pins!

    ReplyDelete